• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • I've been dating a fellow lately, not long, so things are still kind of new. 

    We had our first sleep-over last night, spent more or less 24 hours straight together. And it was really nice, kind of a test though. Those things always are. Can we tolerate each other for that long. Will we have enough to talk about, how will making meals work? Will we fight?

    All in all, it went really well. 

    But is always kind of awkward, at this stage. You want to pretend, as a woman, that you just effortlessly roll out of bed in the morning looking fabulous. That you didn't go out and buy a brand new razor so your legs would be ultra-smooth. 

    That you didn't hide a compact of pressed powder in the bathroom "just in case" you look like a yeti come morning. 

    Some things just take time. 

    But I felt fine washing off my makeup last night. I didn't even put any on this morning. I doubt he noticed. 

    However, the one thing I really really really hate doing in front of a guy is get dressed. 

    I'm not going to lie. I've got plenty of boob to work with. 

    And I swear, the least attractive thing in the world has to be me putting on a bra. It is like watching sausages getting made. 

    Some things just shouldn't be seen. 

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I've been married for more than ten years. I still turn my back to put on a bra. It feels undignified, somehow. All of the flibbiting and adjusting...nobody wants to see that.

    Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

    ahahha So true!!! I wiggle and jiggle and then still have to grab each boob to get them just right in place!

    Good luck dating!!

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio