• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • It has been nearly two years since my Dad passed away.

    I don't spend a lot of time with my extended family or friends parents but when I do, I can't handle the emotions that come over me...

    I left a friends party early when her Dad was the centre of attention.

    My Uncle is here visiting my cousin right now, to the home my Dad lived for many years but my Uncle never made it here when my Dad was alive. I couldn't help but think about my Dad as I gave the tour guide description of the area, imagine the things they would have enjoyed together. I was glad to be wearing my sunglasses and didn't get out when I dropped him off.

    We've never been good at sharing emotions in my family.

    I never want to stop missing my Dad, but I do want to get over being around other Dads and people who remind me of my Dad.

    2 comments:

    Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

    I have a really hard time expressing my sad emotions as well. Not sure how I will ever deal with this when it hits me one day. I don't know if you ever get over it.

    Anonymous said...

    I'm so sorry - I didn't read your post earlier.

    I know exactly how you are feeling - my dad passed away just over 2 years ago too, and there's a whole lot of unpleasant familial stuff that has happened since, which breaks my heart.

    What you're going through is absolutely normal. I still miss my dad and I still cry about it all the time and I think that's very healthy and normal. You will get over being around other dads in your time and when you've had time to process all the feelings and emotions involved with it in whatever way is most comfortable to you.

    I also saw a counselor, and that helped immeasurably... something to think about if it's accessible to you. I saw her to help with coping strategies for my sadness... she was great.

    Sending you lots of love and hugs.

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio