• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • I'm starting to think I just may never get married. May never find "the one" and may never have a family beyond the one I already have.
    It's not what I want. I want desperately to be in love again, but everywhere I look the people I meet aren't single and the people I once knew are getting married.
    At least I've not entered that "always a bridesmaid" cycle yet.
    But it's unnerving.
    It was one thing when the guy I had a crush on in high school married his sweetheart just a year or so into university.
    But it seems this is the summer of marriage for people I went to school with, and it's all just very bizarre.
    I've not even had SEX in 10 months let alone find anyone worth spending any real time with.
    It's depressing because it makes me wonder what is so WRONG with who I am that I can't attract even a semi-interesting, moderately good looking love interest.

    1 comments:

    Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

    I think it is getting tougher to meet people nowadays due to our lives online instead of connecting in person.

    Have you tried joining some community groups or volunteer opportunities? And remind your friends that you are single! Ask for hook ups and open yourself up to dates with people who might not seem the perfect match up front. You never know!!

    And in the mean time, read this for a great laugh:
    http://www.amazon.ca/Im-So-Happy-You-friends/dp/0316044504/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279057474&sr=8-2

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio