• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • Ever since my son moved out, he's been acting like he was raised by wolves. He blows off family events with no explanation and without calling, he blew off my birthday without even an acknowledgement, and won't respond to messages (I know he's safe because his sister tells me she's had contact with him - he's just being an asshole to me).
     
    Now, I know that young people need to establish their independence when they leave the nest, and I'm not suggesting he should be dropping in several times a week to chat. After all, he has his own life, and I'm trying to respect that. But I ask the blogosphere - is common courtesy too much to ask? Especially since I'm still paying several of his bills?

    5 comments:

    Allmycke said...

    So, quit paying his bills - that'll get his attention if nothing else works.

    Anonymous said...

    I agree: stop paying his bills. Why are you paying his bills anyways? If he's ready to be on his own, then let him be by his own. Also, it's normal for kids to ignore parents when they move out on their own. I ignored mine for a few years until I was partied out.

    Anonymous said...

    Yes, stop paying his bills! Maybe he'll smarten up.

    Jackie S. Quire said...

    He's probably so wrapped up in his own new world he doesn't have family up on the priority list...
    And likely doesn't realize how hurtful he's being.
    Time will help... (maturity does wonders eh?) and so will (as others said) cutting the cash-flow purse strings. e

    Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

    I agree with everyone else- cut the umbilical cash cord! Time for him to really grow up and experience the real world.

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio