• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • I didn't get the job I wanted.

    I'm disappointed.

    But I'm not disappointed about the job but rather what it now means. What it means is that I will begin to look for employment outside of the organization I currently work for. My plan was to do a lateral move within the organization. It did not happen. Time to move on. So for now, I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for new opportunities. But there's more...

    I also feel betrayed. This is because one of my references was not only part of the interviewing panel, but was also part of today's meeting telling me I did not get the job. WTF?!

    Why would someone accept to be my reference when they have no intention of advocating in my favour?

    What a fucking bitch thing to do, eh?

    2 comments:

    Megan said...

    I think I would say that no one should ever agree to be a reference knowing that he or she is going to be on the interviewing panel. That's just not right.

    But to play devil's advocate, you have no way of knowing whether the person advocated for you or not. It may even have been a checklist sort of thing where it's not a matter of advocating.

    Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

    That does seem like a serious conflict of interest!

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio