• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • I am planning to break up with a friend. She doesn't know, or maybe she's planning to do the same to me.

    I really like her. At least I like the idea of her. The reality just isn't working. I've been thinking for at least a year that it was time to pull the plug, but I didn't want to do it. Like I said, I really like the idea of being friends with her. But I think it's time. I'm sick of arguing and waiting for the next argument and watching her argue with others.

    I imagine that she is thinking the same about me.

    I'm going to start slowly, by not initiating e-mails or responding to her Facebook posts. I'm far too timid to really pull the plug all at once. I'll know she has the same plan if this really is the end.

    And then it won't have to be weird. I really don't want it to be weird. I don't want to be enemies. I just don't want to be friends.

    1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Having been recently broken up with by a friend... I would have preferred if it was all out in the open sooner and if she had told me that what I was doing was entirely the wrong thing.
    I hated wondering why she didn't respond to my Facebook posts, or questioning why her emails were so short and aloof. It actually hurt. A lot.
    She's a good sort (my friend who broke up with me) and when she did it, she was honest (brutally so) and while I'm still gutted, I feel a lot better knowing why than wondering.
    Hopefully your friend feels the same as you do, otherwise it will be weird, which is obviously what you don't want.
    Good luck and hope it all works out for the best for both of you!

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio