• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • For some reason, the blogs I read have been talking about abortion more often than usual.

    I'm not totally sure what I think about the issue, but one thing really sticks out for me. I don't get this "rape and incest" exemption people talk about. I really don't get it. If you think abortion is murder, why would it be OK if the woman was raped?

    I think it's because the people who talk about "rape and incest" exemptions secretly believe that women who chose to have sex deserve to be forced to carry pregnancies to term. There is no other possible reason for this sort of exemption. If abortion's OK, it's OK no matter how the woman got pregnant. And if it's wrong, it's still wrong if the person was raped.

    This offends me so much. I never want to hear anyone say it again.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I never thought of it that way, but it makes sense. The next time I hear someone use that excuse I'll make sure to speak up.

    Anonymous said...

    I am pro-choice, but I got frustrated when living in our last community in the arctic. Abortion was used more as birth control and to get a free trip the Yellowknife to go shopping. I knew women who had had five abortions and fully admitted they didn't mind because it was a trip out. More education needed.

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio