• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • I went on a GREAT date with a GREAT guy. He is still interested in me, we've had a couple awkward email exchanges, phone calls and a run in, which is much like the encounters I had with him prior to our date. But he is uncomfortable and intimidated, it's obvious. I feel like if we had another date we could talk and decide that maybe there is something worth pursuing or decide that no, it's absolutely not going to work. But pushing for that second date just makes me all the more intimidating.

    I know he is an intelligent, confident man in the rest of his life. I am not an intimidating person, at least I never thought so. A "recent" divorce on his side might have him behaving with added caution (recent being within the last 2 years).

    I can't stop thinking about but don't know what to do...

    6 comments:

    Jackie S. Quire said...

    Wow, that's a hard one. My personal approach would probably be to bulldoze through --

    Send an email or whichever just saying "I had a great time the other night, and would love to do round 2 -- you up for it?"

    But then I'd rather rip the bandaid off, just know whether or not the feelings are mutual than wait around for something to happen or not.

    But then again, I've been single for 2 years so maybe I'm not the best source of wisdom.

    Megan said...

    I'm not single, so I really have no idea what I actually would do. But I'm thinking that Jackie's right. E-mail, Facebook or text. Suggest coffee if he seems nervous.

    Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

    I am with Megan and Jackie. Do give it another try!

    Good luck!

    Anonymous said...

    I tried, invited him out for dinner and worse than saying no I did not receive any response at all :(

    I haven't seen him face to face yet but I know I will eventually and suspect it will be awkward :(

    But, no regrets - I put myself out there and made the invitation, I was open to a relationship.

    Anonymous said...

    Good for you --
    Honestly my new year's resolution was to "go out on limbs."
    Because if you don't take a chance, you'll never know.

    And it's too bad he couldn't do you the dignity of sending a response.

    But personally I think it's better to know than not.

    Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

    Aw. Sorry that it ended in that way. But you are right- no regrets!

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio