• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • Okay here's one for the books.
    A friend of mine is in an open marriage, and has been since the beginning of the marriage.
    She believes she's polyamorous. He's okay with that.

    Recently the two decided to split up. The friend is moving out. Has a new apartment, the whole shebang.

    Today, I get a message from said friend saying:

    -Wesis asking me if you are off limits. FYI he thinks your pretty

    Not sure what to say I responded I was flattered. Nothing more. Was surprised, but in the middle of something else. Left it at that.

    -Haha yep he likes you quite a bit. He wants your number.


    I'm on good terms with Wes. He's a good man. We're quite similar. He recently talked me through a rough night. Sure I like him. I'd even consider dating him if he wasn't my friend's husband.

    But he is married to my friend.

    And that is just too weird for me.

    I think.


    2 comments:

    Jackie S. Quire said...

    Wow.

    Anonymous said...

    Well, he's not married to your friend anymore, right? Not REALLY in the emotional sense, anyway. Legally, sure.

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio