• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • I've been single for awhile. Having the occasional fling here be there. Nothing serious but fun when need it.
    One of the flings continues though. We met in the strangest of places, at this cheesy tourist venue. I was instantly attracted to him, though it was 90% physical. He doesn't fit any of my criteria for a relationship. We don't really have much in common. He's a country boy. Works on cars, works in the oil rigs. I'm a professional university educated career woman.
    The one time we got together I worried about us having nothing in common. Nothing to talk about. We would just sit in painful silence. I was wrong. We still didn't have anything in common but got to know each other. Had some good sex. He surprised me in some ways. He was courteous, thoughtful, kind. Rinsed the dishes after supper. Pulled me close to him on the couch. For a first/second date it was very relationship like.
    Because life happens fast he left the next month for work and has been away since. I only saw him the one time.
    But be sends me a text most mornings. Says goodnight most evenings. We don't talk on the phone really. Mostly by text but we're in touch most days. It's not profound philosophical discussion. But it is the closest I've come to a relationships in years.
    We're not exclusive. I'm not dating anyone right now but I'm not NOT accepting offers.
    I wish he didn't live an 11 hr drive away. I didn't know if or when I'll see him again. Maybe December.
    He keeps in touch with me more than I do with him. And he said to me once that he's sorry we didn't have more time before he left, but we have a whole lifetime to get to know one another and that he hopes I want that too.
    But he's not the kind of guy I ever saw myself with. I don't know how much we really have in common besides one another. I'm book smart. He rides a horse and his cars are his babies. But I can't lie... When we were together it was comfortable.
    he's the most gorgeous man I have ever dated/been with. And he's equally hot for me. Which is incredibly flattering since I have terrible self esteem.
    But am I settling?

    3 comments:

    Megan said...

    Oooh, I love these posts from single gals!

    Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

    That sounds in no way like you are settling! Appreciate the guy for who he is and how he makes you feel.

    :)

    Rob, Tina and the boys said...

    I agree with Kara. Don't over analyze it. Just go with it and see what happens. But keep us posted! I'm soo picturing a hot cowboy..... yummo. You go girl! Do it for all us married (happily, of course) women!

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio