• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • Last night a friend told me that she was called by her pharmacist. They told her that her birth control had been recalled, it was full of placebos rather than the normal hormone gradient. 
    She's quasi-dating someone right now, she says she's madly in love with him, he refuses to officially date her, just lets him mother her (he's almost 40 but apparently "still hung up over his ex").
    This has been going on for the past year. She's desperately in love with him. He's considering going back to his home country. This is devastating for her. 
    She's already got multiple children, loves children, is clearly very fertile, and is apparently extremely concerned that she could be pregnant. 
    And here's where I come in. While this woman is a friend of mine, I know her to be manipulative. She's a good person but I can't help but wonder how much of this is the truth, and if she'd actually stoop so low as to "trap" him in a pregnancy. 
    I hate to think that she would do that, but about a year ago she accidentally got pregnant by another guy. She had to terminate the pregnancy because it for some reason made her very very very ill and strained her heart. 
    When I mentioned that to her last night, her response was "oh no worries, I had a physical last week and I'm good to go."
    I looked up drug recalls this morning. 
    There has been a highly publicized drug recall in the US, but none of what I read indicated the drugs had been sold in Canada. 
    I checked Health Canada's list of drug recalls, nothing there either. 
    I don't want to accuse her of anything, but it seems like she might be lying. And I don't know if I can be friends with her if my suspicions (which I admit, are horrid and not very friend-like) are true. 
    Have I been reading too many conspiracy novels? Do 'real' people do this sort of thing? When does one say something?

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Uhhhhh, yikes.

    I guess you'll know for sure in a month or two. If she's lying, she'll seize the opportunity.

    Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

    Wow. Bad situation all around!

    Perhaps time to back away from the friendship for a while and let her make her own mistakes and learn from them.

    Although- maybe secretly send her boyfriend that link to those (lack of) drug recalls.

    :)

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio