• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • I'm young, and I've always been blessed with thinness and a fast metabolism. So... I've never been as body-conscious as I am now. I can feel it. I'm getting a little older, picking up a little extra where my flat stomach and thinner thighs used to be. I've never had to exert effort in my life to keep thin and reasonably fit (I know, I know, I'm thankful), so I'm at a loss right now as to what to do. I know I should get more exercise. I little walking, a little running, maybe some weights or crunches. I know I could probably eat a little better.

    But. I need motivation. I need to get myself into a habit, into liking the exercise. It's a sticky situation. I have no will power or motivation to start or keep going, but at the same time, I hate watching my body change like this when I know a marginal amount of effort will keep me in better health, trimmer and happier. I hope I don't sound too whiny.

    A little help from the secret bloggers? Any advice on how to exercise and eat well without making it a chore? Things you like to do? Websites or books that have helped you?

    2 comments:

    Megan said...

    Yes. Secret blogger, if we are friends on Facebook, you can look at my photos from 2007 or so, but you may not recognise me. I lost a third of my body weight a few years ago. It wasn't even hard. I did it through dutiful tracking on an online counter. I used selfdietclub.com, but there's a fee to use it, and you can probably find a free one that's just as good by googling "calorie counter".

    Good luck. Small things add up.

    Jackie S. Quire said...

    Okay, so I'm not sure where you're located, but I found myself in a similar situation -- except I've never actually been 'thin'.

    But when I moved up north (I spent 2 years there) I gained a fair bit of weight, and felt exactly as you sound right now.

    There's this moment I think we reach when it's like you know you need to do something, but you lack the initiative or the motivation or the drive to really do something about it.

    It's because inertia is so easy to stick with.

    Here's what I did though, and it's worked for me (and no, I don't get anything out of this promotion).

    I joined a 'learn to run' class wtih the running room. The people and the 'instructor' keep you motivated, and it gets incrimentally harder each week. I'm sure it's the same if you were to join any other class, but because it does get harder each week, you really have to stick wtih it, and run a couple times a week, or you won't be able to handle the next step.

    The fear of dying kept me motivated.

    And I'm starting to like the way I look again.

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio