• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • Well maybe he's not actually my boss, maybe he's just my superior. Still, it's baaaaad news.

    But I can't help it.

    Take off maybe about 10-15 years and he's my ideal guy. He's smart, witty, equally a hockey fan and does yoga with the woman at lunch.  Loves his job and cares about it, and is good at it. Is probably the snarkiest person ever -- that scares some people, but I'm that way too so it just makes me laugh.

    We get along swimmingly. Though I'm new at my job, he turns to me for input on a lot of things that he doesn't go to other coworkers for.

    He gets my sense of humour, and that's so rare these days.

    I'm not so hung up on the man that I get all tingly when he's nearby (I mean, come on, we sit 5 feet from one another) and while most of the time he makes my day, I don't want to go slit my wrists when he's not at work.

    And really, the man's got two kids and a wife who's survived cancer.

    So it's not like its ever going to happen.

    But I can't help but hope maybe he's got a younger brother?

    1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    As long as it's not acted upon, I think crushes like this aren't so bad. He may also be enjoying your attention too. He could be getting just as much out of it as you are...

    Leave it as it is, enjoy the butterflies and as if he's got a younger brother/cousin/friend etc... I understand what you're feeling though - frustrating isn't it?? I've been there before (many moons ago.)

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio