• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • I post to my personal blog pretty much every day. Some day's posts are better than others, and I admit that some days I just "call it in" and embed a video or post photos.
     
    I have to admit that in the last few months, I have been "calling it in" far more frequently than I ever have. Providing thoughtful, well-researched blog entries on a daily basis is work, and lately, I just haven't had the energy to do what's necessary to put out a quality product as often as I have in the past. I do have a full-time job, and it requires attention.
     
    But I think the other part of it is just the natural waxing and waning that's inherent in any endeavor or relationship. Sometimes, my writing is on fire, and I feel proud and energized by what I post. Other times, it feels like a chore. I'm just in a natural slump right now.
     
    So why do I feel guilty that I'm not entertaining my readers in the fashion to which they've become accustomed?

    3 comments:

    Allmycke said...

    Just know that you're not alone in feeling guilty about not "delivering" all the time.
    I blame it on OCD, but most of the time I manage to not feel bad when I can't produce the way I'd like...

    Anonymous said...

    Totally understand where you are... I'm much the same - I find that I let a lot of other (important) things lapse so I can sit and write. While it's therapeutic, it's not realistic.

    What about asking a 'guest blogger' to do a couple for you - to continue entertaining your readers but still a break for you?

    Personally I'm a bit peeved that I put so much thought and effort into my blog and I've got a grand total of 4 followers (even IF I know a couple of friends have it on their RSS and others read it on Facebook... it still pisses me off.)

    Jackie S. Quire said...

    Tez -- have you ever thought of using "networked blogs"?
    It's through facebook, and it brings people out of facebook directly to your site to read your blog.
    If nothing else, it can make you feel like more people read!

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio