• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • My Job that is. I'm tired of it and want it to go away. I have considered leaving several time. Just wanting out. Throwing in the towel.
    I use use to love my job, I was good at it. I still am good at it. Actually every day I have people tell me this, but I just don't enjoy it anymore.
    Maybe I feel held back from it now. Maybe in my mind I think I could be doing so much better, then again that is in my mind.

    Do I make any sense?

    Lets just say I quit my job. What would I do then. I would no longer have financial stability. Would something come along that I would actually enjoy doing. What qualifications do I even have anymore. Could I make the things I enjoy a job. What what I have seen, that doesn't come easy.

    Does a person stick what there good at and what is stable or do they follow the things the really enjoy and hope the money comes?

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    You make your own luck, so to speak. Decide first what it is you really want to do. Does that thing require new training and schooling, or is it merely a similar field/subject as your current career path? Is it possible you could keep your job/stay with your company if things there changed a little? Then take steps to move toward it. Gain support from friends and family. Talk to your boss, your boss's boss, etc. Take night classes if you need to. Brush up your resume and start applying. Little steps will eventually get you where you want to be - in a better situation.

    I feel your pain said...

    Is it possible to keep an eye out for a job in the field or the niche you want to follow, but keep your current one until something better comes along?
    I'm doing that right now...

    Me, too said...

    I'm doing the same thing I Feel Your Pain is doing. As soon as I find something better, I will be gone. It will be weeks, not years.

    Anonymous said...

    You should work out a plan AND THEN QUIT.

    Seriously.

    The single best days of my entire working career were the 3 occasions where I sat down with my employer and told them that I had decided to leave. It was like a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders. I think I probably floated (or possibly skipped) out of the office.

    Have you ever met anyone who regrets leaving a job that they hated? It will all work out.

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio