• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • I feel like I'm less intelligent than my partner.

    I don't like to have intellectual conversation or debates with him, play games with him, or tell him about my work because I feel like I just can't measure up to him. I never know what to say and I never have the immediate knowledge to put out an opinion like he seems to. It could be that we're just so divergent in our interests and areas of expertise that I just don't have a chance to show any knowledge. Even if I wanted to, I don't think he'd be at all engaged by talking about what I know or what I'm good at. It just feels really crappy to always feel like you're less than someone else, especially someone you love.

    2 comments:

    Jackie S. Quire said...

    As harsh as this may sound, I don't think he's a very good partner if he wouldn't care or or be at all engaged in YOUR interests.
    That's not a matter of unequal intelligence, it's a matter of unequal... caring?

    And I say that with all the possible kindness I can muster.

    I just think it sounds like HE'S the problem, not you.

    Megan said...

    Yeah, I'm with Jackie.

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio