• Welcome

    This is our corner of the Internet. We're happy here. We're definitely "we" -- this blog is a group project. We all post as "My Own". This is where we write the things we can't say on our own blogs for one reason or another. We hope you like it here as much as we do. We hope you'll stick around.

    Buton

  • You know what really cheeses me off?
    I'm awake at 2 am still working on a breaking news story for tomorrow.
    I got the call at five, jumped in my car and drove my ass down here and started interviewing people.

    My colleague, a national reporter, got on an airplane, and arrived five hours after I did.
    We met up, he saved all the interviews I did to his computer.
    Wrote a story using those interviews, clipping sound bites for his piece.
    And then went to bed.

    I, on the other hand, am still awake.

    And annoyed.

    This whole trend of "national" reporters swooping in and getting all the credit for my legwork and my stories really BLOWS.

    And I would have written this on my own blog, because I'm THAT kind of annoyed...
    But coworkers (past and present) could then read it.
    And my mom would chew me out for publicly criticizing my employer.
    And it's not worth the bother.



    0 comments:

    rss
    rss


    Copyright © 2010 The Web That Is My Own

    Wordpress Theme By : Retro Design Studio